Last revised on: June 13, 2019
The website located at www.freethework.com (the “Site“) is owned by Free the Work (f/k/a Free the Bid), a California non profit corporation (” FTW“, “us“, “our“, and “we“). Certain features of the Site may be subject to additional guidelines, terms, or rules, which will be posted on the Site in connection with such features from time to time. All such additional terms, guidelines, and rules are incorporated by reference into these Terms.
These terms require the use of arbitration (Section 9.2) on an individual basis to resolve disputes, rather than jury trials or class actions, and also limit the remedies available to you in the event of a dispute.
- 1.1 Account Creation. In order to use certain features of the Services, you may be required to register for an account (“Account“) and provide certain information about yourself as prompted by the account registration form. You represent and warrant that: (a) all required registration information you submit is truthful and accurate; (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information. You may delete your Account at any time, for any reason, by following the instructions on the Site. FTW may suspend or terminate your Account in accordance with Section
- 1.2 Account Responsibilities. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Account login information and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your Account. You agree to immediately notify FTW of any unauthorized use, or suspected unauthorized use of your Account or any other breach of security. FTW cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with the above requirements.
- Access to the Site
- 2.1 License. Subject to these Terms, FTW grants you a non-transferable, non-exclusive, revocable, limited license to use and access the Site solely for your own personal, noncommercial use.
- 2.2 Certain Restrictions.The rights granted to you in these Terms are subject to the following restrictions: (a) you shall not license, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute, host, or otherwise commercially exploit the Site, whether in whole or in part, or any content displayed on the Site; (b) you shall not modify, make derivative works of, disassemble, reverse compile or reverse engineer any part of the Site; (c) you shall not access the Site in order to build a similar or competitive website, product, or service; and (d) except as expressly stated herein, no part of the Site may be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means. Unless otherwise indicated, any future release, update, or other addition to functionality of the Site shall be subject to these Terms. All copyright and other proprietary notices on the Site (or on any content displayed on the Site) must be retained on all copies thereof.
- 2.3 Modification. FTW reserves the right, at any time, to modify, suspend, or discontinue the Services (in whole or in part) with or without notice to you. You agree that FTW will not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuation of the Services or any part thereof.
- 2.4 No Support or Maintenance. You acknowledge and agree that FTW will have no obligation to provide you with any support or maintenance in connection with the Services.
- 2.5 Ownership. You acknowledge that all content or derivative works therefrom you see using FTW Services, unless submitted by you, are owned or licensed by FTW or third parties. Your use of the Services does not give you ownership to those content. You agree that the Services contain FTW Content specifically provided by FTW, its business partners and other FTW users and that such FTW Content is protected, (individually or as a collective work or compilation) by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, trade secrets or other proprietary rights and laws, US and international. The elements of the FTW Content (collectively, “FTW Content”) include without limitation, the user interface, interactive features, button icons, content, software, code, data, art, graphics, animation, videos, images, text, music, videos, sound effects, all audio and audiovisual elements, look-and-feel, design, layout, organization, presentation, navigation, compilation, trade dress and stylistic convention of the Services and other materials you may view or listen to on or access through the Services. Your use of the Services does not give you ownership of any FTW Content. Neither these Terms (nor your access to the Services) transfers to you or any third party any rights, title or interest in or to such intellectual property rights, except for the limited access rights expressly set forth in Section 2.1. FTW and its business partners reserve all rights not granted in these Terms. There are no implied licenses granted under these Terms.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold FTW (and its officers, employees, and agents) harmless, including costs and attorneys’ fees, from any claim or demand made by any third party due to or arising out of (a) your use of our Services, (b) your violation of these Terms or (c) your violation of applicable laws or regulations. FTW reserves the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us, and you agree to cooperate with our defense of these claims. You agree not to settle any matter without the prior written consent of FTW. FTW will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any such claim, action or proceeding upon becoming aware of it.
- Third-Party Links & Ads; Other Users
- 4.1 Third-Party Links & Ads. The Site may contain links to third-party websites and services, and/or display advertisements for third parties (collectively, “Third-Party Links & Ads“). Such Third-Party Links & Ads are not under the control of FTW, and FTW is not responsible for any Third-Party Links & Ads. FTW provides access to these Third-Party Links & Ads only as a convenience to you, and does not review, approve, monitor, endorse, warrant, or make any representations with respect to Third-Party Links & Ads. You use all Third-Party Links & Ads at your own risk, and should apply a suitable level of caution and discretion in doing so. When you click on any of the Third-Party Links & Ads, the applicable third party’s terms and policies apply, including the third party’s privacy and data gathering practices. You should make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any transaction in connection with such Third-Party Links & Ads.
- 4.2 Other Users. Your interactions with other Site users are solely between you and such users. You agree that FTW will not be responsible for any loss or damage incurred as the result of any such interactions. If there is a dispute between you and any Site user, we are under no obligation to become involved.
- 4.3 Release. You hereby release and forever discharge the FTW (and our officers, employees, agents, successors, and assigns) from, and hereby waive and relinquish, each and every past, present and future dispute, claim, controversy, demand, right, obligation, liability, action and cause of action of every kind and nature (including personal injuries, death, and property damage), that has arisen or arises directly or indirectly out of, or that relates directly or indirectly to, the Services (including any interactions with, or act or omission of, other Site users or any Third-Party Links & Ads). IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU HEREBY WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542 IN CONNECTION WITH THE FOREGOING, WHICH STATES: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.”
THE SERVICES IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS-IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, AND FTW (AND OUR BUSINESS PARTNERS) EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING ALL WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, ACCURACY, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE (AND OUR BUSINESS PARTNERS) MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT THE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, WILL BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE BASIS, OR WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL CODE, COMPLETE, LEGAL, OR SAFE. IF APPLICABLE LAW REQUIRES ANY WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES, ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO NINETY (90) DAYS FROM THE DATE OF FIRST USE.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Limitation on Liability
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL FTW (OR OUR business partners) BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA, COSTS OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE PRODUCTS, OR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS OR YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, OUR SERVICES, OR YOUR FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THESE TERMS, EVEN IF FTW HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. WE DO NOT ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR LOSS, INJURY OR DAMAGE (1) CAUSED BY THE ACTIONS, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES OF ANY OF OUR BUSINESS PARTNERS, AND WILL NOT BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE PERFORMANCES, GUARANTEES AND REPRESENTATIONS OFFERED BY OUR BUSINESS PARTNERS, FROM ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER. ACCESS TO, AND USE OF, THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE OR COMPUTER SYSTEM, OR LOSS OF DATA RESULTING THEREFROM.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, OUR LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT (FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION), WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO A MAXIMUM OF TEN US DOLLARS (U.S. $10). THE EXISTENCE OF MORE THAN ONE CLAIM WILL NOT ENLARGE THIS LIMIT. YOU AGREE THAT OUR BUSINESS PARTNERS WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Term and Termination. Subject to this Section, these Terms will remain in full force and effect while you use the Services. We may suspend or terminate your rights to use the Services (including your Account) at any time for any reason at our sole discretion, including for any use of the Services in violation of these Terms. Upon termination of your rights under these Terms, your Account and right to access and use the Services will terminate immediately. FTW will not have any liability whatsoever to you for any termination of your rights under these Terms, including for termination of your Account. Even after your rights under these Terms are terminated, the following provisions of these Terms will remain in effect: Sections 2 through 2.5 and Sections 3 through 9.
- Force Majeure. FTW shall not be held liable for any delay, interruption, or failure to perform any of its obligations under these Terms, and shall be excused from any further performance, due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control, which circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, any act of God, any act of any governmental authority, insurrection, riots, national emergencies, war, acts of public enemies, terrorism, inability to secure adequate labor or material, strikes, lock-outs or other labor difficulties, failure or delay of transportation, fires, floods, storms, explosions, severe weather conditions, earthquakes, or other catastrophes or serious accidents, epidemics or embargoes.
- 9.1 Changes. These Terms are subject to occasional revision, and if we make any substantial changes, we may notify you by sending you an e-mail to the last e-mail address you provided to us (if any), and/or by prominently posting notice of the changes on our Site. You are responsible for providing us with your most current e-mail address. In the event that the last e-mail address that you have provided us is not valid, or for any reason is not capable of delivering to you the notice described above, our dispatch of the e-mail containing such notice will nonetheless constitute effective notice of the changes described in the notice. Any changes to these Terms will be effective upon the earlier of fifteen (15) calendar days following our dispatch of an e-mail notice to you (if applicable) or fifteen (15) calendar days following our posting of notice of the changes on our Site. These changes will be effective immediately for new users of our Site. Continued use of our Site following notice of such changes shall indicate your acknowledgement of such changes and agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions of such changes.
- 9.2 Dispute Resolution.Please read this Arbitration Agreement carefully. It is part of your contract with FTW and affects your rights. It contains procedures for MANDATORY BINDING ARBITRATION AND A CLASS ACTION WAIVER.
- (a) Applicability of Arbitration Agreement. All claims and disputes (excluding claims for injunctive or other equitable relief as set forth below) in connection with the Terms or the use of any product or service provided by the FTW that cannot be resolved informally or in small claims court shall be resolved by binding arbitration on an individual basis under the terms of this Arbitration Agreement. Unless otherwise agreed to, all arbitration proceedings shall be held in English. This Arbitration Agreement applies to you and the FTW, and to any subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, employees, predecessors in interest, successors, and assigns, as well as all authorized or unauthorized users or beneficiaries of services or goods provided under the Terms.
- (b) Notice Requirement and Informal Dispute Resolution. Before either party may seek arbitration, the party must first send to the other party a written Notice of Dispute (“Notice”) describing the nature and basis of the claim or dispute, and the requested relief. A Notice to the FTW should be sent to the address indicated at the end of these Terms. After the Notice is received, you and the FTW may attempt to resolve the claim or dispute informally. If you and the FTW do not resolve the claim or dispute within thirty (30) days after the Notice is received, either party may begin an arbitration proceeding. The amount of any settlement offer made by any party may not be disclosed to the arbitrator until after the arbitrator has determined the amount of the award, if any, to which either party is entitled.
- (c) Arbitration Rules. Arbitration shall be initiated through the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”), an established alternative dispute resolution provider (“ADR Provider”) that offers arbitration as set forth in this section. If AAA is not available to arbitrate, the parties shall agree to select an alternative ADR Provider. The rules of the ADR Provider shall govern all aspects of the arbitration, including but not limited to the method of initiating and/or demanding arbitration, except to the extent such rules are in conflict with the Terms. The AAA Consumer Arbitration Rules (“Arbitration Rules”) governing the arbitration are available online at adr.org or by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879. The arbitration shall be conducted by a single, neutral arbitrator. Any claims or disputes where the total amount of the award sought is less than Ten Thousand U.S. Dollars (US $10,000.00) may be resolved through binding non-appearance-based arbitration, at the option of the party seeking relief. For claims or disputes where the total amount of the award sought is Ten Thousand U.S. Dollars (US $10,000.00) or more, the right to a hearing will be determined by the Arbitration Rules. Any hearing will be held in a location within Los Angeles County, Calfornia, U.S.A. Any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. Each party shall bear its own costs (including attorney’s fees) and disbursements arising out of the arbitration and shall pay an equal share of the fees and costs of the ADR Provider.
- (d) Additional Rules for Non-Appearance Based Arbitration. If non-appearance based arbitration is elected, the arbitration shall be conducted by telephone, online and/or based solely on written submissions; the specific manner shall be chosen by the party initiating the arbitration. The arbitration shall not involve any personal appearance by the parties or witnesses unless otherwise agreed by the parties.
- (e) Time Limits. If you or the FTW pursue arbitration, the arbitration action must be initiated and/or demanded within the statute of limitations (i.e., the legal deadline for filing a claim) and within any deadline imposed under the AAA Rules for the pertinent claim.
- (f) Authority of Arbitrator. If arbitration is initiated, the arbitrator will decide the rights and liabilities, if any, of you and the FTW, and the dispute will not be consolidated with any other matters or joined with any other cases or parties. The arbitrator shall have the authority to grant motions dispositive of all or part of any claim. The arbitrator shall have the authority to award monetary damages, and to grant any non-monetary remedy or relief available to an individual under applicable law, the AAA Rules, and the Terms. The arbitrator shall issue a written award and statement of decision describing the essential findings and conclusions on which the award is based, including the calculation of any damages awarded. The arbitrator has the same authority to award relief on an individual basis that a judge in a court of law would have. The award of the arbitrator is final and binding upon you and the FTW.
- (g) Waiver of Jury Trial. THE PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE THEIR CONSTITUTIONAL AND STATUTORY RIGHTS TO GO TO COURT AND HAVE A TRIAL IN FRONT OF A JUDGE OR A JURY, instead electing that all claims and disputes shall be resolved by arbitration under this Arbitration Agreement. Arbitration procedures are typically more limited, more efficient and less costly than rules applicable in a court and are subject to very limited review by a court. In the event any litigation should arise between you and the FTW in any state or federal court in a suit to vacate or enforce an arbitration award or otherwise, YOU AND THE FTW WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO A JURY TRIAL, instead electing that the dispute be resolved by a judge.
- (h) Waiver of Class or Consolidated Actions. ALL CLAIMS AND DISPUTES WITHIN THE SCOPE OF THIS ARBITRATION AGREEMENT MUST BE ARBITRATED OR LITIGATED ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT ON A CLASS BASIS, AND CLAIMS OF MORE THAN ONE CUSTOMER OR USER CANNOT BE ARBITRATED OR LITIGATED JOINTLY OR CONSOLIDATED WITH THOSE OF ANY OTHER CUSTOMER OR USER.
- (i) Confidentiality. All aspects of the arbitration proceeding, including but not limited to the award of the arbitrator and compliance therewith, shall be strictly confidential. The parties agree to maintain confidentiality unless otherwise required by law. This paragraph shall not prevent a party from submitting to a court of law any information necessary to enforce this Agreement, to enforce an arbitration award, or to seek injunctive or equitable relief.
- (j) Severability. If any part or parts of this Arbitration Agreement are found under the law to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, then such specific part or parts shall be of no force and effect and shall be severed and the remainder of the Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
- (k) Right to Waive. Any or all of the rights and limitations set forth in this Arbitration Agreement may be waived by the party against whom the claim is asserted. Such waiver shall not waive or affect any other portion of this Arbitration Agreement.
- (l) Survival of Agreement. This Arbitration Agreement will survive the termination of your relationship with FTW.
- (m) Small Claims Court. Notwithstanding the foregoing, either you or the FTW may bring an individual action in small claims court.
- (n) Emergency Equitable Relief. Notwithstanding the foregoing, either party may seek emergency equitable relief before a state or federal court in order to maintain the status quo pending arbitration. A request for interim measures shall not be deemed a waiver of any other rights or obligations under this Arbitration Agreement.
- (o) Claims Not Subject to Arbitration. Notwithstanding the foregoing, claims of defamation, violation of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, and infringement or misappropriation of the other party’s patent, copyright, trademark or trade secrets shall not be subject to this Arbitration Agreement.
- (p) Courts and Governing Law. In any circumstances where the foregoing Arbitration Agreement permits the parties to litigate in court, the parties hereby agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located within Los Angeles County, California, U.S.A. for such purpose. The laws of California, U.S.A. shall apply, without regard to conflict of laws rules.
- 9.3 Export. The Site may be subject to U.S. export control laws and may be subject to export or import regulations in other countries. You agree not to export, reexport, or transfer, directly or indirectly, any U.S. technical data acquired from FTW, or any products utilizing such data, in violation of the United States export laws or regulations.
- 9.4 Electronic Communications. The communications between you and FTW use electronic means, whether you use the Services or send us emails, or whether FTW posts notices on the Site or communicates with you via email. For contractual purposes, you (a) consent to receive communications from FTW in an electronic form; and (b) agree that all terms and conditions, agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that FTW provides to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications would satisfy if it were be in a hardcopy writing. The foregoing does not affect your non-waivable rights.
- 9.5 Entire Terms. These Terms sets forth the entire agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior agreements or understanding with respect thereto. There are no representations, warranties, or agreements by or between the parties, which are not fully set forth in these Terms, and no representative of FTW or FTW’s agents is authorized to make any representations, warranties or agreements other than as expressly set forth herein. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. The section titles in these Terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. The word “including” means “including without limitation”. If any provision of these Terms is, for any reason, held to be invalid or unenforceable, the other provisions of these Terms will be unimpaired and the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed modified so that it is valid and enforceable to the maximum extent permitted by law. Your relationship to FTW is that of an independent contractor, and neither party is an agent or partner of the other. These Terms, and your rights and obligations herein, may not be assigned, subcontracted, delegated, or otherwise transferred by you without FTW’s prior written consent, and any attempted assignment, subcontract, delegation, or transfer in violation of the foregoing will be null and void. FTW may freely assign these Terms. The terms and conditions set forth in these Terms shall be binding upon assignees.
- 9.6 Copyright/Trademark Information. Copyright © 2019 Free The Work (f/k/a Free The Bid). All rights reserved. All trademarks, logos and service marks (“Marks“) displayed on the Services are our property or the property of other third parties. You are not permitted to use these Marks without our prior written consent or the consent of such third party which may own the Marks.
- 9.7 Contact Information:
- Free The Work
11812 San Vicente Blvd, 4th Floor
Los Angeles, California 90049
Last Updated: June 13, 2019
- 1. What information do we collect?
Program & Activity Updates.We may collect your name and email address if you sign up to receive emails, invites and newsletters from us regarding our programs and activities.
Services and Customer Support.We may collect information such as your name and email address to the extent necessary for us to provide the Services that you have requested and/or to provide customer support. When filling in our forms, such as a business information form or a gender identity form, we may collect additional information such as your business or organization name (for business information form) or your gender identity (for gender identity form) and such other additional information as we may ask and you may provide us with (altogether, “Form Information“). We use the Form Information to customize our Services to your needs. For example, for businesses or organizations, we may use the Form Information collected to establish an organization profile which you may customize with content you wish to make public or private. Further, we may use this information to recommend talent to your organization, related to the types of services your organization offers. For users who fill in the gender identity form, we may use the Form Information to track the hiring process related to gender. In addition, to search or filter talent by gender, only when explicit permission to do so is provided by you. Some of the information you choose to provideus, such as your gender identity, may be considered “special” or “sensitive” in certain jurisdictions. By choosing to provide this information, you consent to our processing of that information for the purposes as described above.
- 2. How is collected information used and stored?
Legal Bases For Processing. To process your information as described above, we rely on the following legal bases:
- Provide our service to you: Most of the time, the reason we process your information is to perform the contract that you have with us. For instance, in the future, as you go about using our Services to build connections with other users, we use your information to maintain your account and your profile, to make it viewable to other users, recommend other users to you and also, to allow other users to connect with you.
- Legitimate interests: We may use your information where we have legitimate interests to do so. For instance, we analyze users’ behavior on our Services to continuously improve our offerings, we suggest offers we think might interest you, and we process information for administrative, fraud detection and other legal purposes.
- 3. Is Information Collected by or Disclosed to Third Parties by using the Services?
- Third party service providers. We, like many businesses, sometimes engage other companies to perform certain business-related functions on our behalf so that we can focus on our core business. Examples of these services include, but are not limited to, website evaluation, social media management, data analysis and, where applicable, data cleansing, and payment processing and authorization, order fulfillment and delivery, marketing and promotional material distribution. We authorize them to use this Personal Data only in connection data security and privacy standards.
- Legal requirements. We may disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law (including, without limitation responding to a subpoena or request from law enforcement, court or government agency or other public authorities) or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary (i) to comply with a legal obligation, (ii) to protect or defend our rights, interests or property or that of other customers or users, (iii) to act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public, or (iv) to protect against legal liability or potential fraud, as determined in our sole discretion.
- Your consent. If we intend to use any of your Personal Data collected in any manner that is not specified herein, we will inform you of such anticipated use prior to or at the time at which such Personal Data is collected or we will obtain your consent subsequent to such collection but prior to such use. In short, we will honor the choices you make regarding your Personal Data and will inform you about any other intended uses of such information.
- 4. Linking to or from Third Party Platforms.
Users may follow FTW on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Users should click on the hyperlinks for each site to review the applicable privacy policies for more detail about information collected from these sites.
- 5. How Does FTW Comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act?
Our Services are directed toward a general audience and are not directed at nor intended for use by children. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 without parental consent. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at email@example.com . We will delete such information from our files within a reasonable time.
- 6. What are my data protection rights under General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) ?
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the GDPR, data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your Personal Data;
- Request correction or deletion of your Personal Data;
- Object to our use and processing of your Personal Data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your Personal Data; and
- Request portability of your Personal Data.
You can usually access, correct, or delete your personal data by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org . EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
- 7. Cross-Border Data Transfers
Sharing of information laid out in Section 3 sometimes involves cross-border data transfers, for instance to the United States of America and other jurisdictions. As an example, where the service allows for users to be located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), their personal information is transferred to countries outside of the EEA. We use Standard Contract Clauses approved by the European Commission or other suitable safeguard to permit data transfers from the EEA to other countries. Standard Contractual Clauses are commitments between companies transferring personal data, binding them to protect the privacy and security of your data
- 8. How long does FTW retain information collected?
We follow generally accepted standards to store and protect the personal data we collect, both during transmission and once received and stored, including utilization of encryption where appropriate. We retain Personal Data only for as long as necessary to provide the Services you have requested and thereafter for a variety of legitimate legal or business purposes. These might include retention periods (i) mandated by law, contract or similar obligations applicable to our business operations; (ii) for preserving, resolving, defending or enforcing our legal/contractual rights; or (iii) needed to maintain adequate and accurate business and financial records. If you have any questions about the security or retention of your Personal Data, you can contact us at email@example.com.
- 9. What is FTW’s Security Policy?
We have implemented reasonable administrative, technical and physical security measures to protect your personal information against unauthorized access, destruction or alteration. For example, we limit access to this information to authorized employees and contractors who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our Services. However, although we endeavor to provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can ever by 100% secure.
- 10. How Does FTW Respond to “Do Not Track” Signals?
“Do Not Track” is a feature enabled on some browsers that sends a signal to request that a web application disable its tracking or cross-site user tracking. At present, FTW does not respond to or alter its practices when a Do Not Track signal is received.
- 12. Contact Us
If you have any questions regarding privacy while using our Services, or have questions about our practices, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.